A dryer is believed to be the cause of a house fire that occurred Tuesday afternoon in Walcott, N.D.

Richland County Communications received an emergency call of a residential fire in rural Walcott about 4:39 p.m. Tuesday. Fire Departments from Walcott, Colfax, Abercrombie, Wolverton, Minn., and Christine responded, stated a press release from Richland County Sheriff's Office. Crews found heavy smoke damage coming from the basement of the house owned by Jerry Belling, 17035 62nd Street SE, Wolverton.

Walcott Fire Department officials said the home’s clothes dryer appeared to have started the fire. The home sustained minor damage, but the dryer was a total loss, the release stated.

Firefighters stayed on the scene for a short time to ventilate the house. There were no injuries.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.