The North Dakota University System has entered into a service agreement with Forensic Strategic Solutions to review allegations raised regarding operations at North Dakota State College of Science.
Complaints were received about the financial statements of the TrainND program at the Wahpeton college, as well as how enrollment numbers were reported and how space on campus was classified.
The North Dakota University System released the service agreement Wednesday, May 31.
During the audit, Forensic Strategic Solutions will be reviewing a number of areas, including:
• The last four fiscal years of financial statements and general ledger activity for TrainND program at NDSCS and examine any irregularities in accuracy or accounting practices
• Review space utilization data regarding NDSCS buildings and determine if the space classification provided by NDSCS is accurate
• Review NDSCS enrollment documents for 2016-17 and 2017-18 to establish how many students were enrolled in classes provided in Wahpeton and how many students were enrolled in classes provided in Fargo. The company will also review how many of the enrolled students in the Wahpeton and Fargo locations completed their courses and how many classes were cancelled at each location
• Review selected capital projects to determine the proper authorization and allocation of costs as well as the appropriate use of funds
• Address any related concerns or issues that arise during the investigation. If any additional areas of concern are identified during the investigation, Forensic Strategic Solutions has to notify the North Dakota University System, through their legal counsel, of the expanded scope
• Provide a written draft report on or around Monday, July 2 to the chair of the audit committee and the North Dakota University System chancellor that includes findings from the points under review and make any recommendations, if necessary
• Participate in an audit committee meeting to be scheduled after the draft report is submitted and where questions can be asked by committee members and other interested parties regarding the report
• Incorporate any feedback or responses from the audit committee in a final report that is to be submitted to the chair of the audit committee and North Dakota University System chancellor on or around Friday, July 20
Forensic Strategic Solutions, is a full-service financial investigation firm offering a range of services across five integrated practice areas: Fraud examination, investigative financial consulting, litigated business valuation, forensic technology and accounting malpractice.
Under the service agreement, the North Dakota University System is agreeing to compensate Forensic Strategic Solutions a rate of $275 an hour, up to 150 working hours.